How can I take care of my skin?
Your skin is frequently exposed to external elements. To take care of your skin, you can:
- Drink plenty of water
- Control and manage your stress
- Eat a healthy, nutrient-dense diet to help you look and feel your best
- Avoid smoking, since smoking can contribute to wrinkles and narrow tiny blood vessels
- Protect yourself from the sun by using sunscreen, seeking shade, and wearing protective clothing when necessary
- Treat your skin gently by shaving carefully, moisturizing regularly, avoiding harsh soaps, and using quality skin care products
What are some of the available skin care treatments?
Dr. Yerneni provides a range of solutions for your skin.
During a microneedling procedure, Dr. Yerneni uses a dermal pen with a series of fine needles to create microscopic channels and tiny micro-wounds. The tiny wounds prompt your body to produce more collagen and elastin, tightening the underlying skin.
The Eclipse Skinfinity system rejuvenates and tightens your skin using advanced fractional ablative radiofrequency technology. Dr. Yerneni glides the Skinfinity device over your skin to deliver precise and controlled radiofrequency energy to stimulate collagen and elastin production, producing tighter skin.
A Vampire Facial uses microneedling along with platelet-rich plasma therapy (PRP). With PRP, your blood is drawn from your arm and spun in a special machine called a centrifuge to separate and concentrate the growth factors and useful cells that promote your body’s natural healing process. Dr. Yerneni then injects the PRP back into the treatment area.
A Vampire Facelift involves PRP combined with the use of hyaluronic acid dermal filler to enhance results.
Dr. Yerneni also offers:
- Quality skin care supplements
- Photo-facials and laser technology
- Fillers, such as Botox® and Juvederm®
- The Jet® facial peel – a supersonic jet that uses microdroplets of saline solution and air
Dr. Yerneni also offers compounding formulations – medications in which individual ingredients are mixed together in the precise strength and dosage to suit your needs
Your skin and hair are a large part of your overall appearance and can say a lot about your health. Dr. Yerneni provides hair restoration and treatments for hair loss, including special hair supplements like Nutrafol®, PRP, and laser caps.
What are some of the most common skin concerns?
Common skin concerns include:
- Volume loss
- Loss of elasticity
- Wrinkles and fine lines
At Internal Medicine Clinic and its branch, Westside Med Spa, in Bogalusa, Louisiana, Dr. Yerneni evaluates your skin and creates customized treatment plans to help you reach your goals. Call or schedule online today.